Antenatal term dates 2021
April 12th - May 10th (June + due dates)
May 17th - June 14th (July + due dates)
July 5th - August 2nd (August + due dates)
August 9th - September 6th (September + due dates)
November 1st - November 29th (December + due dates)
6 Week Course
Mammas Antenatal is an evidence based, comprehensive antenatal education course for pregnant women and their birth partners. It has been devised by midwives, and is up to date, extensive and delivered in a relaxed environment.
Uniquely to Mammas Can, we include Hypnobirthing as part of our standard Antenatal course.
Over the 6 weeks we will cover:
- The stages of labour
- The role of hormones in labour and birth
- Pain relief and variations from the norm
- Partner techniques, positioning and breathing techniques for labour
- Infant feeding (in all its forms)
- Practical care of a newborn baby
This course is ideal for first time families, but will be useful no matter if this is your first, second or even fifth baby.
Mammas Antenatal Bespoke
One off or book as many sessions as you like.
A 2 hour session face to face or over Zoom, designed around your needs. Whether you don't have time for a full antenatal course, or just have specific questions, this is completely tailored to your needs.
Choose from the following topics:
- Stages of labour - Hormones in labour
- Pain relief - Variations from normal birth
- Infant feeding - Hypnobirthing basics
- Massage, movement, positions and breathing for labour & birth
Or choose your own topic.
8 Hour Weekend Course
Suitable from 26 weeks pregnant
Hypnobirthing is not just for those who want to achieve a "natural" birth. It is a set of tools and techniques that will enable you to steer the course of your birth, ensuring you play an active role in your birth and putting you in calm control over the decisions along the way.
This comprehensive course will provide you with everything that you need to achieve a positive birth. We cover all aspects of breathing techniques for the different stages of labour, relaxation and visualisation techniques, massage and positioning for birth as well as education around the hormones involved in labour, birth physiology and pain relief.
This course also includes a digital pack to support your home preparation for birth.
*Please enquire to book*
Mammas Infant Feeding
4 Hour Workshop
Mammas Infant Feeding workshop is a comprehensive overview of all things feeding related, breast, bottle, cup and beyond. During this course you will learn both practical skills and gain an education around infant feeding. We will cover:
- Feeding requirements for newborns
- Hunger cues
- Types of formula and bottle options
- How the breast works to make milk
- Colostrum harvesting and feeding in the early days
- How to achieve a good latch
- Where to find support locally
- How to tell if feeding is, or is not going well
- Signs of readiness for weaning
This course is for parents to be and parents with babies under 3 months of age.